1. Introduction: This phase is characterised by Low competition. attempts to educate consumers about the merchandise. tests and free samples. 2. Growth: This phase is characterised by mass publicities and efforts to distinguish the merchandise from that of rivals. 3. Adulthood: In this phase. houses focus on happening new mark sections and making value add-ons. 4. Decline: In this phase. the merchandise category largely dies due to strong rivals or disused engineering. Firms focus on gross revenues publicity. tie ups or travel on to emerging markets.
Godrej Chotukool presently lies in its debut phase.
Harmonizing to Godrej Appliances Vice-President ( Corporate Development ) G Sunderraman. the company is presently concentrating on:
1. Educating the new terminal users. developing the mediators and constructing the distribution substructure.
2. Communicating a distinguishable value proposition to the emerging consumers is besides a challenge.
3. For Chotukool. the Godrej group has junked the traditional theoretical account of a proprietary channel with a gross revenues force and a distributor-dealer concatenation and has joined custodies with micro-finance establishments.
4. Chotukool requires presentation and instruction which doesn’t happen in the trade. so Godrej was loath to utilize traditional trade channels. The company has entered into a selling affiliation with the India Post ( Maharashtra Circle ) to leverage the huge range of the latter in footings of figure of offices and manpower to force gross revenues of ‘ChotuKool’ . The India Post squad will non merely bring forth gross revenues leads. but will besides book orders and cod payment from clients. For physical bringing of ChotuKools at customer’s doorsills. Godrej uses Express Parcel Post Service.
5. Apart from this. Godrej besides involves village misss in selling the merchandises at a committee of Rs 150 per merchandise sold ( something that the company claims will cut down the distribution and selling costs by 40 per cent ) .
For Chotukool. the Godrej group has junked the traditional theoretical account of a proprietary channel with a gross revenues force and a distributor-dealer concatenation and has joined custodies with micro-finance establishments.
This new distribution ecosystem is merely one of the alone experiments that Godrej is seeking out to do a splash in the underside of the pyramid icebox market. There are many more.
But the clear victor is its cost. At Rs 3. 250. it costs about 35 per cent less than the cheapest class of iceboxs available in the market today. Apart from affecting small town misss in selling the merchandises at a committee of Rs 150 per merchandise sold ( something that the company claims will cut down the distribution and selling costs by 40 per cent ) . Godrej has gone in for several technology inventions to maintain the monetary value depression. The size is little and the figure of parts in Chotukool has been reduced to merely 20 alternatively of 200 that go into regular iceboxs.
1. hypertext transfer protocol: //articles. economictimes. indiatimes. com/2011-05-22/news/29571277_1_rural-markets-godrej-appliances-infrastructure