Outcome 1 understand the anatomy and physiology of the tegument in relation to coerce country attention 1. 1 describe the anatomy and physiology of the tegument in relation to clamber dislocation and the development of force per unit area sores. The tegument is the largest organ of the organic structure. covering and protecting the full surface of the organic structure. The entire surface country of the tegument is around 3000sq inches depending on age. tallness and organic structure size. Equally good as the nails. hair. perspiration secretory organs and the greasy secretory organs. the tegument forms the integumental system. Besides oroviding protection to the organic structure. the tegument besides helps modulate organic structure temperature. helps your immune system. provides esthesiss of touch. heat. cold and hurting throught the centripetal nervus terminations. The tegument is chiefly composed of three beds. the cuticle. the corium and the subcutanious layer/the hyppodermis. Each layernhas its ain map and its ain function in keeping the skin unity. Pressure sores are the consequence of a changeless lack of blood flow to the skin tissue. This is more common over a cadaverous country such as a heel. which may hold been in contact with a surface for an drawn-out period of clip.
1. 2 identify force per unit area sites of the organic structure
Common force per unit area points on the organic structure can include the tegument:
– over the natess
– the sacrum
– the mortise joints
– the hips
– the heels
– the dorsum of the caput
– the shoulder blades
– the cubituss
– base of spinal column
– articulatio genuss
– rib coop
1. 3 idendify factors which might set an person at hazard of skin dislocation and force per unit area sores Factors that may set an person at hazard of skin dislocation and force per unit area sores can include:
– aging tegument
– intoxicant maltreatment
– drug maltreatment
– high exposure to UV beams
– hapless or unhealthy diet
1. 4 describe how wrong moving and managing techniques can damage the tegument It is of import to recognize the consequence on the tegument caused by the forces of wrong traveling and managing. It is of import to understate frictionand shear forces by restricting the potency for rubbing or dragging an persons skin during turning or turn overing and shifting.
Shear forces can happen when the tegument is pulled sideways over musculus or bone when traveling. as this can stretch and barricade the blood vass which restricts blood flow to the tegument. In add-on to this. clash forces may be present when an person is thought to be at remainder. The best illustration of this is lying in bed with the back remainder raised. As gravitation acts on the person the inactiveness force ( organic structure at remainder ) . the clash forces on the skin surface efforts to decelerate the procedure of motion. which in bend means the underlying tegument constructions are affected by the high clash and shearing forces to a higher grade.
1. 5 Identify a scope of intercessions that can cut down the hazard of skin dislocation and force per unit area sores. Devicess that can help with manual handling can include
– skiding sheets
– turning and shifting AIDSs that enable independent motion and take into consideration the consequence of gravitation. These should be used wherever possible to cut down the potency of skin harm to an single and any hurt to carers.
1. 6 Describe alterations to an persons skin status that should be reported. Any unfastened sores or countries of tegument that have been ruddy and non blanching for 24 hours plus should be reported to a healthcare proffessional such as a territory nurse.
If you have noticed an persons tegument is somewhat red in an stray country it should be reported to a supervisor or director and all the right certification should be completed ie ; organic structure mapping chart. Depending on the badness of the inflammation it may be possible to put the person on a shifting chart as this will assist modulate force per unit area and lessening inflammation and tenderness before it becomes bad plenty to be seen by a territory nurse. Other alterations to clamber that should be reported include blisters. spots of hot or cool tegument. dry tegument or swelling
Outcome 2 Understand good pattern in relation to ain function when undertaking force per unit area country attention.
2. 1 Identify statute law and national guidelines impacting force per unit area country attention. Some of the statute law and national guidelines impacting force per unit area country attention are: – Care criterions act 2000
– Human rights act
– N. I. C. E guidelines
– European force per unit area ulcer consultative panel
– The national force per unit area ulcer consultative panel
– CQC indispensable criterions of quality and safety.
2. 2 Describe agreed ways of working associating to coerce country attention. To keep good force per unit area country attention for persons we as carers should ever keep good wellness and safety patterns. This can be done by executing regular cheques on persons. and utilizing turning charts to document the repositioning procedure and to do certain that all of their force per unit area countries are integral. We must ever utilize the correct protocol and manual handling techniques to guarantee skin safety at all times. We can make this by utilizing slide sheets or other traveling AIDSs to assist keep an persons skin unity. Hazard appraisals should be
Unit 4222-229 Undertake agreed force per unit area country attention ( HSC 2024 ) “cont” Karen Yardley
put in topographic point if an person is at hazard of developing force per unit area sores. Skin should be checked reguarly in conformity to your constitutions policies and processs and any alterations should be reported to the relevant topographic points.
2. 3 Describe why squad work is of import in relation to supplying force per unit area country attention. Team working is of import because it provides consistence of attention. everyone knows how things should be managed. everyone will be working precisely the same and this in bend will diminish mistreatment of force per unit area country attention. If everybody worked on an single footing so the deficiency of communicating could ensue in the force per unit area country going worse due to neglet or incorrect information. Each displacement needs to be cognizant of the program of attention so that the single receives equal intervention around the clock.
Outcome 3 Be able to follow the agreed attention program.
3. 1 Describe why it is of import to follow the agreed attention program. It is of import to follow the agreed attention program because it forms the footing of what is considered best involvement for the person. it is alone to them and inside informations their demands and penchants. All attention givers to the person should look into the attention program in order to cognize they are supplying the right attention and support and following the persons wants. If any jobs are recognised so the attention program can be updated to reflect these alterations.
3. 2 Ensure the agreed attention program has been checked prior to set abouting the force per unit area country attention. It is of import to guarantee the agreed attention program has been checked prior to set abouting the force per unit area country attention because the attention program reflects the persons current wellness issues. and the in agreement manner of how to outdo attention for them. it is of import that everyone follows the program to avoid any farther wellness issues. it is besides of import to look into the program for any updates or alterations.
3. 3 Identify any concerns with the agreed attention program prior to undertaking force per unit area country attention. It is of import to place any concerns with the agreed attention program before set abouting the force per unit area country attention in order to finish a hazard appraisal. any new concerns should be noted and changed in order to outdo attention for the person.
3. 4 Describe actions to take where any concerns with the agreed attention program are noted. Once a hazard appraisal has been completed. and concerns with the attention program have been found. it is of import to turn to these issues with authorized staff so that the attention program can be updated to reflect these issues. so that alterations can be made to keep a high degree of attention for the person. Any concerns should be verbally addressed. discussed and eventually recorded in the written attention program.
3. 5 Identify the force per unit area country hazard appraisal tools which are used in your ain work country. The chief force per unit area country hazard appraisal used in my work country is the walsall tool appraisal. The primary purpose of this tool is to help you to measure hazard of an single developing a force per unit area ulcer. utilize this together with your ain clinical judgement. The walsall tool consists of classs such as tallness. build/weight. ocular appraisal of the tegument. continency. mobility. appetency and besides any particular hazard factors.
Unit 4222-229 Undertake agreed force per unit area country attention ( HSC 2024 ) Karen Yardley
3. 6 Explain why it is of import to utilize hazard appraisal tools. By utilizing hazard appraisal tools you have early execution of preventive or direction schemes to forestall or understate farther force per unit area harm.
Outcome 4 Understand the usage of stuffs. equiptment and resources available when set abouting force per unit area country attention.
4. 1 Identify a scope of AIDSs or equiptment used to alleviate force per unit area. Aidss and equiptment for alleviating force per unit area can include:
– force per unit area shock absorbers
– airwave mattresses
– slide sheets
– turning/ repositioning/ motion charts
4. 2 Describe safe usage of AIDSs and equiptment.
When utilizing AIDSs or equiptment to alleviate force per unit area you should ever do certain you are making so safely and suitably. When utilizing a slide sheet guarantee that the person is to the full on the stuff before any force is applied as this can do shearing or clash to the tegument. Slide sheets must ever be handled by a lower limit of two people. Specialised mattresses and shock absorbers should be checked reguarly to guarantee they are still safe to utilize and in good working order. All charts should be filled in reguarly and stored in an appropriate mode to go forth a paper trail to look back on. Carers must ever guarantee when utilizing AIDSs that policies and processs are followed and that they are working in conformity to the relevant Acts of the Apostless and statute laws.
4. 3 Identify where up to day of the month information and support can be obtained about. Materials.
By look intoing the persons attention program. the stuffs and equiptment to be used will be detailed. for farther support and information you should mention to your line director. District nurses. G. P or see the National Institute for Clinical Excellence ( N. I. C. E. ) website World Wide Web. nice. org. uk which issues guidelines and up to day of the month information.